The Firewall, VPN Server and Wireless Access Point on a SBC router described in this document is based on publicly available Open Source software.
The key features are:
- Stateful Firewall – offers highly configurable protection for the internal network.
- VPN Server – lets remote users access the resources on the internal network through their local Internet connection (Windows/XP can connect out of the box).
- Office Interconnect – combined IPsec VPN server and client allows secure office interconnect.
- Versatile Wireless Access Point – 802.11b/g (2.4 GHz) and 802.11a (5 GHz) with antenna diversity for extended range at up to 108 Mbps.
- Wireless Security – WEP, WPA or IEEE 802.11i prevents unauthorized access.
- Network Address Translation – lets all computers on the internal network share a single Internet connection.
- Local Domain server – speeds up DNS lookups and resolves local domains.
- Dynamic Host Configuration server – allows computers on the internal network to automatically configure their network interface.
- Network Time Protocol server – keeps the clocks of computers on the internal network in sync.
- Secure Shell – allows secure remote administration of this router.
- Highly configurable – You have the source code; you can make any change you want.