Nectarine-Almond Streusel Coffee Cake
|Author:||Field of Greens pg.354|
|Yield:||two 9-inch cakes|
|12 tbsp.||unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 cups||sugar|
|2||lemons, zest of these minced|
|1/2 tbsp.||baking powder|
|1/2 tbsp.||baking soda|
|1 1/2 cups||creme fraiche or sour cream|
|3||nectarines (about 2 cups) or other fruit|
|1 tbsp.||white flour|
|1/2 cups||light brown sugar|
|1 1/2 tbsp.||unsalted butter|
|1/4 cups||chopped walnuts or almonds|
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan or 2 9-inch round cake pans. Preheat the oven to 350F
- in a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and zest together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing themcompletely into the batter after each addition. Sift the dry ingredients together and add them alternately with the creme fraiche.
- Fold in the fruit and pour the batter into the pan. Cover evenly with the topping and bake until a skewer insertedinthe center comes out clean. about 50 minutes for tube pan and 40-45 minutesfor cake pans.
- Streusel topping: Place flour, sugar and cinnamon in the bowl of a mixer or food processor. Add hte butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal. If you are using a food processor, transferthe mixture to a separate bowl, then quickly mix in the nuts.