|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood Simple, pg. 274|
|1 1/2 cups||mashed ripe bananas|
|1/2 cups||olive or vegetable oil|
|1 1/3 cups||packed brown sugar|
|1 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1/4 cups||plain yogurt|
|1 1/2 cups||unbleached flour|
|1 tsp.||baking soda|
|8 oz.||cream cheese|
|1 cups||sifted powdered sugar|
|2 tbsp.||brewed coffee|
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare two standard cupcake pans with liners, cooking spray or butter.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the wet ingredients until smooth and creamy, a minute or two.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix at low speed until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake pans, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Optional frosting: Mix all the frosting ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy and smooth. Cool cupcakes for at least 15 minutes before frosting.