Whole Wheat Pancakes
|Author:||Inspired by Tassajara Bread Book, pg. 81|
|2 cups||whole wheat flour, sift then measure|
|3 tsp.||baking powder|
|1 tsp.||brown sugar or honey|
|1/2 cups||melted butter or oil|
|3||egg yolks or egg substitute|
|3||egg whites, stiffly beat|
- Sift the flour, then measure. Sift in baking powder, salt and sugar.
- If using honey, add it to the milk and oil (butter). Beat the milk and oil into the yolks or egg substitute equivalent.
- Combine the milk mixture with the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Cook on a griddle, adding whatever fruit or nuts you want.