|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood Low-Fat, pg. 232|
|1||fresh green chile, minced|
|1||clove of garlic|
|1 1/2 cups||sliced onions|
|1 1/2 tsp.||ground cumin|
|1 tsp.||canola oil|
|2 1/2 cups||sliced red and green bell pepper|
|1 1/2 cups||seasoned seitan p.437, sliced in strips|
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Stack the tortillas together, wrap in foil and set aside.
- In a nonreactive skillet, sauté the chiles, garlic, onions, cumin in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and salsa, cook covered on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, bake the tortillas for about 10 minutes, until soft and pliable and heated through.
- Meanwhile, add the seitan to the skillet and cook, uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Unwrap the foil package of tortillas carefully. Place 1/6 of the filling on each tortilla and roll it up.
- Serve immediately with lettuce, tomatoes and additional salsa.