|Author:||Inspired by Tassajara Recipe Book|
|4 1/2 cups||rolled oats|
|1 1/2 cups||almonds, sliced|
|1 cups||sunflower seeds|
|3/4 cups||safflower, or soy oil|
|1/2 cups||maple syrup or honey|
|1 tbsp.||vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp.||almond extract|
|1 tbsp.||ground cinnamon|
|1 1/2 tsp.||salt|
|1 cups||raisins, currant, dried apricots, figs, or prunes, dates, cut into small bite-sized chunks|
|1/4 cups||texturized vegetable protein|
- Put the oats, chopped almonds, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl
- Combine the oil, sweeteners, vanilla, almond extract, spices and salt. Heat this mixture in a saucepan until it becomes watery
- Pour the oil mixture over the dry ingredients, tossing until everything is moistened.
- Spread the mixture in a large baking pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the 325F oven for about 20 minutes, or until the granola turns golden, stirring every 5 minutes so the mixture toast uniformly.
- Transfer to a large bowl or cool baking pan and toss occasionally until the granola is thoroughly cool and dry.
- Add the dried fruit and toss to mix.
- Store in a tightly covered container.