Harvest Pot Pies
|Author:||Inspired by Vegetarian Times|
|2||Tbs. olive oil|
|12 oz.||button mushrooms, sliced|
|1||medium onion, chopped (1 cup)|
|3||stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)|
|3 cloves||garlic, minced (1 Tbs)|
|1||Tbs. chopped fresh thyme|
|1/2 cups||dry white wine|
|1 lb.||butternut squash, cubed|
|5||small red potatoes, sliced|
|1/2 lb.||green beans, halved|
|2 cups||fresh or frozen corn kernels|
|17.3 oz.||pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)|
- Heat oil in pot over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic and thyme. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover, increase heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes more, or until mushrooms begin to brown. Add wine; simmer 2 minutes, or until liquid evaporates.
- Add squash, potatoes, green beans, corn and 5 cups water. Cover, and simmer 7 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup liquid from vegetable mixture. Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetables. Simmer 1 minute, or until thickened. If making ahead, cool, and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Cut 4 circles from one puff pastry sheet. Repeat with remaining sheet. Cut 1-inch hole in center of each circle. Cut leaves from dough scraps, then chill tops and leaves 15 minutes. Adhere leaves to tops by brushing with water. Bake 15 minutes, or until brown and puffy. Store cooled tops up to 2 days in airtight container.
- Reheat filling, and warm tops in oven, if needed. Ladle filling into small pie dishes or ramekins. Top with crusts, and serve.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.