Pizza Dough for 16" diameter
In winter add 2 tbsp. of water.
|1 cups ||water, luke warm (105..115 °F)|
|1 tsp. ||sugar|
|1 tsp. ||salt|
|1 tsp. ||olive oil|
|2/3 cups ||rolled oats (72 g)|
|2/3 cups ||whole wheat flour (104 g)|
|1 2/3 cups ||unbleached white flour (320 g)|
|2 tsp. ||active dry baker's yeast|
- Whirl the oats in a blender or food processor until they are the consistency of coarse flour.
- Combine the water, oil, salt and sugar in the bread maker tin. Add the oats, whole wheat flour and unbleached flour. Add the yeast.
- Use a bread machine to make the dough. Remove the dough from the machine after the first rising, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (220 °C), and prepare a 16" pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Punch down the dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured work space, and knead for about 1 minute. Using your hands or a rolling pin, stretch the dough into a large circle.
- Place the dough on the pizza pan and continue stretching it until it covers the pan.
- Using your fingers, make a slightly thicker edge of crust around the perimeter of the pan.
- Very lightly spray or oil the dough and allow it to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Evenly spread the topping of your choice on the dough, top with a grated feta.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted.