Hobee's Coffee Cake
|3 cups||unbleached white flour, sifted|
|4 tsp.||baking powder|
|1 tsp.||baking soda|
|2 cups||sour cream|
|1 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1/2 cups||fresh blueberries (or other fruit or nuts)|
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (165 °C).
- In a large mixing bowl, resift flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 2 cups of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Oil a 13x9" square baking pan.
- Spread the batter in the pan. If you are using fruit or nuts, scatter them over the batter and stir a little bit so that they stay in the top layer.
- In a small bowl, mix 5 tbsp. sugar with the butter and cinnamon with a sturdy fork, until they are blended and resemble cornmeal (you should have a mixture of fine crumbs, not a smooth mixture).
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake until a clean toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.