Wafels een Dag Eerder (Belgium overnight waffles)
|Author:||Inspired by Waring Pro manual|
|1/2 cups||water, luke warm|
|2 1/4 tsp.||active dry baker's yeast|
|2 cups||whole milk, luke warm|
|1/2 cups||unsalted butter, melted and cooled|
|2 cups||unbleached flour, sifted|
|2 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp.||baking soda|
- The night before, or at least 8 hours before baking, combine the yeast base ingredients. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the luke warm milk, melted butter and salt.
- Beat the flour until smooth, using a hand mixer at low speed.
- Wrap bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand overnight (or for 8 hours) on the countertop - do not refrigerate.
- When ready to bake, preheat the waffle maker (setting #4). Do not open the waffle maker during cooking. This will reset the timer.
- Stir the eggs, vanilla and baking soda into the batter.
- Use measuring scoop to measure out batter. Pour onto waffle grids. Use a heat-proof spatula to spread the batter evenly over the grids. Close cover and rotate 180º to the right. Bake until beeper sounds. Rotate 180º to the left. Remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Waffles may be kept on a cookie sheet on a rack in the oven. Serve with sliced fresh fruit, jam, powdered sugar, a warm fruit syrup, or whipped cream.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.