Spaghetti with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood Simple, pg. 28|
|1/2 cups||sun-dried tomatoes|
|3 tbsp.||extra virgin olive oil|
|8 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1/4 cups||toasted pine nuts|
|1/4 cups||minced fresh parsley (optional)|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside to soften for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente. While the pasta cooks, in a small pan over low heat or in microwave-safe bowl, heat the oil and garlic until golden. Set aside. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, reserving the soaking liquid. Cut the tomatoes into thin strips.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and place in a serving bowl. Add the cooked garlic, tomato strips, pine nuts, and parsley.
- Toss well. Stir in some of the reserved liquid to moisten the pasta, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, topped with grated cheese, if desired.
- Optional: Add chopped, fresh tomatoes, 1-2 tablespoons of capers or sliced olives, or some thinly sliced, cooked fennel.