Baked Tofu Easy
|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood Simple, pg. 64|
|1 lb.||firm tofu|
|1 tbsp.||dark sesame oil|
|3 tbsp.||soy sauce|
|2 tsp.||grated, peeled ginger root|
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the tofu into slices.
- Lightly oil baking dish large enough to hold the tofu in single layer.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients (or variation) and drizzle over the tofu. Gently turn or toss to coat thoroughly.
- Baked uncovered, stirring once or twice, until the oil is sizzling and the tofu is firm and chewy, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.
- Spicy: add 2 to 3 teaspoons chili paste with garlic to base marinade and reduce soy sauce to 2 teaspoons.