Marinated Tempeh Stir-Fry w/ Mixed Vegetables
Menu suggestion: serve with brown rice.
|8 oz. ||soy tempeh (or 3-grain tempeh), cut into 1/2" pieces|
|1/4 cups ||light soy sauce|
|1/4 cups ||water|
|2 tbsp. ||rice vinegar|
|4 cloves ||garlic, minced|
|4 tsp. ||fresh ginger, minced peeled|
|1/4 tsp. ||crushed red pepper flakes|
|12 oz. ||mixed, frozen vegetables (e.g., "Harvest Hodgepodge")|
|2 tbsp. ||water|
|2 tsp. ||cornstarch|
|1 tbsp. ||vegetable oil|
- : Stir tempeh, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper in medium bowl to blend. Refrigerate OVERNIGHT (or at least 1 hour).
- : Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large wok or nonstick skillet over high heat. Add marinated tempeh (keep marinate liquid) and bell pepper and sauté, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, continue with the marinade. Whisk 2 tablespoons water, honey and cornstarch into marinade.
- Add broccoli and marinade mixture and sauté until broccoli is heated through and sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.