Appelcitroenvlaai (Dutch apple lemon tarte)
A favorite in the South of the Netherlands
|Author:||Hans en Coert Vonk|
|8||golden delicious apples, chopped|
|1||lemon, juice only|
|1 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 tbsp.||cornstarch|
|74 g||instant lemon and pie pudding filling|
|1/4 l||heavy whipping cream|
- Make the tart crust as described in "vlaaibodem met gistdeeg".
- Lemon juice, sugar, vanilla extract, cup of water. Add the apple. Bring to a boil, and keep simmering until the apples are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove some of the liquid mix in the cornstarch. Pour it back in the apple mixture and let bind. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool down.
- Put the mixture on the tart crust and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 200C (390F) until the edges start to brown, about 25 minutes. Place on rack until cooled down.
- Prepare the instant lemon pudding and put it on top of the apple mixture layer.
- Prepare the whip cream and add the 3 tbsp of sugar to it. Spread this on top of the lemon pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with almond slivers
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.