Savory squash whole-wheat quick bread
|1 cups||wheat flour|
|1 1/2 tsp.||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp.||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp.||ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp.||ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp.||coarse salt|
|1/4 tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|10 oz.||frozen pureed winter squash, thawed|
|1/2 cups||nonfat buttermilk|
|1/3 cups||canola oil|
|1/4 cups||maple syrup|
|1||egg, slightly beaten|
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a medium bow; set aside.
- Whisk together squash, buttermilk, oil, maple syrup, and egg.
- Stir in flour mixture, and blend until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan, and gently smooth top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.