Pizza with Garlic and Greens
|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood at Home, pg. 277|
|Yield:||2 or 3 servings|
|1||recipe Pizza Dough|
|1/2 cups||sun-dried tomatoes|
|1/2 cups||boiling water|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|3 tbsp.||olive oil|
|4 cups||packed Swiss chard, loosely chopped|
|1/4 cups||fresh basil (2 T dried)|
|1 1/2 cups||grated mozzarella cheese|
|1/4 cups||grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the minced garlic in olive oil for about a minute. Add the Swiss chard and salt and sauté on medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until just tender. The cooking time will vary with the age and freshness of the Swiss chard.
- While the chard cooks, drain and chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the chopped basil and sun-dried tomatoes to the chard and remove skillet from the heat.
- Spreak the topping on the pizza crust using a slotted spoon (to reduce moisture) and sprinkle the cheeses on top. Squeeze excess moisture from the chard mixture if needed. Spread cheeses on top and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.