Cranberry Nut Bread
|Author:||Inspired by Gourmet, 1991.10|
|1 1/2 tsp.||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp.||baking soda|
|3/4 cups||orange juice|
|1 tbsp.||grated orange peel|
|1||egg, well beaten|
|1 1/2 cups||fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped|
|1/2 cups||chopped nuts|
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a pastry blender, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and the butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the zest, the juice, and the egg and add the mixture to the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts and transfer the batter to a well-buttered 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake the bread in the middle of a 350-F degree oven for 55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool 15 minutes and turn it out on a rack.