Lemon Mint and Tabouleh Salad
|Author:||Bon Appétit, 2002.03|
|1/4 cups||olive oil|
|1/4 cups||fresh lemon juice|
|3||large garlic cloves, minced|
|1 cups||bulgur (cracked wheat)|
|1 cups||boiling water|
|1 cups||chopped seeded plum tomatoes|
|1/2 cups||chopped fresh Italian parsley|
|2||large green onions, chopped|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh mint|
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and garlic in small bowl to blend; set aside.
- Place bulgur in large bowl. Mix in 1 cup boiling water. Let stand until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, parsley, green onions, and mint.
- Add oil mixture; toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill).