Roasted Tomato Enchiladas
|Author:||Inspired by weightwatchers.com|
|15 oz.||firm tofu|
|15 oz.||canned black beans, drained, rinsed and drained again|
|1/4 tsp.||ground cumin|
|1/4 tsp.||black pepper|
|4 large||burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)|
|1 small||onion, chopped|
|29 oz.||canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies|
|2 tbsp.||fresh cilantro, minced (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12" skillet with cooking spray.
- Drain tofu and dice into 1/2" cubes. Add to skillet and brown over medium heat until firm and dry, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon tofu into mixing bowl and add beans, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well. Divide tofu mixture among 4 tortillas, arranging mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides into the center.
- Coat a 9x9" baking pan with cooking spray. Gently place filled tortillas, seam-side down, in pan. Set aside.
- Coat skillet with additional cooking spray. Add onion and sauté over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes and cook over high heat until tomato mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon tomato mixture over tortillas.
- Bake until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.