Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
|Author:||Inspired by Jane Brody Good Foods|
|1/3 cups||vegetable oil|
|1/3 cups||unpacked brown sugar|
|1 cups||white all-purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp.||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp.||baking soda|
|1/4 cups||nonfat dry milk|
|1 cups||carrot(s), grated (2 medium large)|
|1 1/4 cups||quick rolled oats|
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, brown sugar, molasses, and the egg.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, dry milk, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture and the oil mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (195 °C).
- Add the carrots, rasins, and oats to the flour-and-oil mixture, and stir the ingredients to mix them well. Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonful about 2 inches apart onto the lightly oiled baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove the cookies to a rack to cool.