Low-fat Banana Muffins #2
|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood Low-Fat, pg. 62|
|1 cups||whole wheat flour|
|3/4 cups||oat bran|
|1 tsp.||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp.||baking soda|
|1/4 cups||brown sugar|
|1/2 cups||plain nonfat yogurt|
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix in large bowl.
- Whip egg whites until foamy but not stiff.
- Mix other wet ingredients and mashed bananas into egg white mixture.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry, and mix just enough to blend.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 20 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool several minutes before loosening each muffin from the tin with a knife.