|Author:||Bon Appétit, 1996.06|
|2||large garlic cloves, chopped|
|1||large onion, thinly sliced|
|2 lb.||mushrooms, sliced|
|1 tbsp.||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cups||dry white wine|
|1 cups||nonfat sour cream|
|1/4 tsp.||ground nutmeg|
|12 oz.||linguine, freshly cooked|
- Melt butter in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high-heat. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add onion and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and most liquid in pot evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add flour and stir 1 minute. Add white wine and cook until mixture thickens, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in sour cream, then nutmeg. Season mushroom mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Add linguine to pot; toss to blend well and serve.