Spicy Brown Rice and Vegetable Stir-Fry
|Author:||Inspired by Bon Appetit|
|1 tbsp.||oriental sesame oil|
|2 tbsp.||garlic, chopped|
|2 tbsp.||fresh ginger, peeled & chopped|
|1/2||leek, cut lengthwise into thin strips (white and pale green parts only)|
|1||carrot, peeled, shredded into thin strips with vegetable peeler|
|1||zucchini, trimmed, cut into long matchstick-size strips|
|4||fresh shitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut into thin strips|
|12||snow peas, trimmed, halved lengthwise|
|3 cups||brown rice, cold & cooked (about 1 cup uncooked)|
|2 tbsp.||tamari sauce|
|1/2 tsp.||chili paste|
|green onions, chopped|
- Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add next 5 ingredients and stir-fry until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and toss to combine.
- Add tamari, water and chili paste and stir-fry until sauce is evenly distributed and mixture is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Mound in large bowl. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.