Kruidnoten (Dutch spice cookies)
|125 g||whipped butter|
|1 - 2 tbsp.||milk|
|85 g||dark brown sugar|
|185 g||unbleached white flour|
|1/2 tbsp.||baking powder|
|3 tsp.||ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp.||ground nutmeg|
|1/8 tsp.||ground cloves|
|1/2 tsp.||ginger powder|
- Spray a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 345 °F (165 °C).
- Using a blender, mix the butter, milk and custard sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Mix flour, baking powder and spices. Then slowly mix this through the butter-sugar dough. Knead a bit more with your hands.
- Make marble sized dough balls, and space them apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the pre-heated oven until brown and ready, approx 15 to 20 minutes.