|Author:||Inspired by Vegetarian Times, 2000.02|
|Yield:||6 small servings|
|2 tsp.||sesame oil|
|1 1/2 tsp.||sugar|
|1/4 tsp.||ground white pepper|
|2 tbsp.||soy sauce|
|2/3 cups||vegetable broth|
|8||Chinese dried mushrooms|
|2 oz.||bean thread noodles, broken into 4" pieces|
|1 1/2 tbsp.||vegetable oil|
|3||green onions, cut into 1" pieces|
|1 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 tsp.||fresh ginger, grated|
|1 medium||carrot, thinly sliced on diagonal|
|1/2 cups||water chestnuts, sliced|
|1/2 cups||bamboo shoots, julienned|
|14 1/2 oz.||baby corn, drained|
|8 oz.||snow peas, strings removed|
|8 oz.||baby bok choy, cut into 2x1" pieces (Napa Cabage)|
|8 oz.||firm tofu, drained & cut into 1" cubes|
- Fry tofu in oil to brown. Prepare rice to serve with it.
- In medium bowl, soak mushrooms in 3/4 cup cold water until softened, about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, soak noodles in hot (not boiling) water to cover 5 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms and squeeze dry (reserve soaking water). Cut off and discard stems; thinly slice caps and set aside. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In wok or large deep skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat. Add mushrooms, scallions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add carrot, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, baby corn, snow peas and cabbage and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes. Gently stir in noodles and tofu until well coated. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve at once.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.