Sophie's Zucchini Bread
Extra dense with zucchini, this loaf has the classic combination of cinnamon and nuts.
|2 cups ||unbleached white flour|
|1 cup ||whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp. ||salt|
|1 tsp. ||baking soda|
|3 tsp. ||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp. ||baking powder|
|1 cup ||sugar|
|3 tsp. ||vanilla extract|
|1/2 cups ||water|
|1/2 cups ||vegetable oil|
|3 cups ||grated zucchini, squeeze lightly to remove some water|
|1 cup ||walnut pieces, chopped (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (165 °C).
- Sift together flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar.
- Beat eggs. Add vanilla, water and oil and mix well.
- Add zucchini to egg mixture. Add dry ingredients, mixing well, but DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Stir in nuts if desired. Pour into 2 loaf pans lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 °F (165 °C) for 1 hour.