Soba Noodles with Grilled Tofu and Stir-Fried Spin
A hint of Japanese seasonings enhances this simple noodle-based meal.
|1/2 lb. ||soba noodles|
|3 tbsp. ||sesame seeds, toasted|
|1 lb. ||firm tofu, drained & sliced|
|4 cups ||Swiss chard, rinsed, shredded, firmly packed (or spinach)|
|3 tbsp. ||vegetable oil|
|1/2 cups ||soy sauce, (low-sodium)|
|2 tbsp. ||sherry|
|1/8 cups ||sugar|
|1 1/2 tbsp. ||fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tsp. ||garlic, minced|
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil and cook soba noodles according to package directions or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside to drain completely.
- Meanwhile, quickly toast the sesame seeds in ungreased skillet until golden, stirring to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill tofu with sauce OR stir fry: Heat 3 tbsp. oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry cubed tofu 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Add spinach and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Divide noodles into four large soup bowls. Top each portion with tofu and spinach. Add dressing, toss and garnish with sesame seeds.
6 servings per recipe
Serving size 1 serving
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat |
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars |
|Includes Added Sugars|