To save 50% rising time, use rapid rise yeast. Follow quick mix steps on package back.
|3 1/4 cups ||unbleached white flour|
|1/4 cup ||sugar|
|1 pkg. ||active dry baker's yeast|
|1/2 cups ||milk|
|1/4 cups ||water|
|1/3 cups ||margarine|
|2 ||eggs, at room temperature|
|6 tbsp. ||margarine|
|1 1/4 cups ||brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1/2 cup ||corn syrup, (light)|
|1 cup ||pecan pieces|
- Mix 1 cup flour, sugar and undissolved yeast.
- Heat milk, water and 1/3 cup margarine until very warm, 120 °F (40 °C) to 130 °F (45 °C).
- Add to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat at high speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead 8 to 10 minutes.
- Set in greased bowl. Turn to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm draft-free place, until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat 4 tablespoons margarine, 1 cup brown sugar and corn syrup until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9" baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- AGAIN> Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half to 14x10".
- Melt remaining margarine and brush on dough; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Roll up from short edge; seal seams. Cut each roll into 10 slices.
- Arrange in prepared pan. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 °F (180 °C) for 20 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or cold.