Orzo with Fresh Tomato Sauce
This grainlike pasta a delicious weeknight dinner.
|4 cups ||water|
|1/2 lb. ||tomatoes, peeled, in 1/2" cubes|
|to taste ||salt|
|to taste ||black pepper, freshly ground|
|3/4 cup ||orzo pasta|
|1/4 tsp. ||crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 tbsp. ||olive oil|
|2 tbsp. ||fresh basil, shredded, loosly packed|
|1 tsp. ||garlic, finely minced|
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add salt to taste.
- Add orzo and cook, stirring briefly, about 10 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauce pan and add garlic. Cook briefly, stirring. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes and sprinkle with salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo and basil. Stir to blend, and serve.