Decadent Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Indulge in every sweet chocolate-raspberry bite.
|Yield:||9" round pan|
|1 cup||semisweet chocolate chips|
|1/2 cup||unbleached white flour|
|4||eggs, yolks and whites separated|
|1/2 cup||semisweet chocolate chips|
|2 tbsp.||light corn syrup|
|1/2 cups||whipped cream|
|1 recipe||raspberry sauce|
|1 cup||fresh raspberries|
- Heat oven to 325 °F (155 °C).
- Grease bottom and side of 8" round springform pan, 9" round pan. Melt 1 package chocolate chips and 1/2 cup margarine in 2-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Stir in egg yolks until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir chocolate mixture into egg whites. Spread in pan.
- Bake springform pan 35 to 40 minutes, round pan 30 to 35 minutes (top will appear dry and cracked) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife along side of cake to loosen; remove side of springform pan. Turn cake upside down onto wire rack; remove bottom of springform pan and cool completely. Place on serving plate
- Heat 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons margarine and the corn syrup over medium heat until chocolate chips are melted. Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side.
- Place whipped cream in decorating bag fitted with tip. Pipe a rosette on each serving. Serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.