Who doesn't like toffee bars?
|Prep time: ||00:10|
|Cook time: ||00:25|
|1 cups ||light brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1 cups ||butter, softened|
|1 ||egg, yolk only|
|2 cups ||unbleached white flour|
|1/2 cups ||chocolate chips, (semi-sweet)|
|1 ||English toffee candy bar, crushed (milk chocolate, 1.4 oz.)|
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (155 °C).
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add egg yolk; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour; beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 15x10" jelly-roll pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 22 to 25 minutes. (Bars will be soft).
- Sprinkle the bars immediately with chocolate chips; let stand 3 minutes. Swirl chips slightly with table knife or back of spoon. Sprinkle with toffee chips.
- Cool 1 hour; cut into bars with sharp knife while slightly warm.