Roasted Garlic Spread
Something to enjoy together.
|Prep time: ||00:10|
|Cook time: ||01:30|
|4 heads ||garlic|
|2 tbsp. ||olive oil|
|1/2 tsp. ||fresh thyme, (or 1/4 tsp. dried)|
|to taste ||salt|
| ||black pepper to taste, freshly ground|
- Remove the papery outside layer of the garlic
- Trim 1/4" off the tops of the garlic heads
- Place them in an ovenproof dish and brush with the oil.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cover the dish with foil and bake until very tender, about 1 1/2 hours
- To remove the garlic, gently squeeze it from the husks. Serve warm or at room temperature.