Shiitake Mushroom & Goat Cheese with Angel Hair
The thing pasta is topped with interesting and tasty shiitake mushrooms and goat cheese.
|Author:||Inspired by Oregonian|
|Prep time: ||00:15|
|Cook time: ||00:20|
|2 tbsp. ||olive oil|
|1/2 lb. ||shiitake mushrooms|
|1/2 ||sweet onion, finely diced|
|1/4 large ||red bell pepper, finely diced|
|1/2 lb. ||angel hair pasta|
|3 cloves ||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. ||vegetable broth|
|6 oz. ||goat cheese, chevre styel|
|to taste ||salt|
|to taste ||black pepper, freshly ground|
|4 ||fresh basil|
- Bring lightly salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in medium frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté shiitake mushrooms over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add angel hair pasta to boiling water.
- Add garlic and vegetable broth to shiitake mixture. Stir to blend, then add goat cheese. Reduce heat and stir until cheese softens and blends with other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and place on serving platter. Top with goat cheese and vegetable mixture. Garnish with fresh, chopped basil.