These fajitas take advantage of colorful summer vegetables.
Mojo chili marinade
|2 tsp. ||orange peel, grated|
|1/2 cups ||orange juice|
|1 tbsp. ||fresh lime juice|
|1/3 cups ||olive oil|
|1/4 tsp. ||salt|
|1/4 tsp. ||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1 tbsp. ||chili powder|
|1 tbsp. ||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. ||onion, minced|
|1 medium ||red bell pepper, quartered|
|1 medium ||yellow bell pepper, quartered|
|1 medium ||green bell pepper, quartered|
|1 large ||red onion, cut into 1/4"-thick slices|
|4 ||portobello mushrooms, caps|
|4 8" ||flour tortillas|
| ||cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)|
| ||salsa, (optional)|
| ||guacamole, (optional)|
| ||fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)|
- In food processor or blender; combine all ingredients, and process until smooth and well blended.
- Pour marinade into large bowl. Add vegetables or other foods to be marinated, turning to coat.
- If preparing ahead, store in airtight container in refrigerator up to three days. Stir well before using.
- Prepare marinade in large shallow glass bowl. Add vegetables, turning to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire. Set fine-meshed grill rack on top to heat.
- Lightly oil grill topper: Grill vegetables in batches until nicely browned and tender, turning often, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to shallow bowl when done. When all vegetables are grilled, cut into thin strips.
- Place each tortilla on grill until warm or hot according to package directions. Transfer tortillas to serving plates. Spoon about 1 cup of vegetables onto tortillas. Top each serving with shredded cheese, salsa and cilantro; roll up.
4 servings per recipe
Serving size 1 serving
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat |
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Total Sugars |
|Includes Added Sugars|