Baked Tofu Nuggets
These breaded nuggets become firm and chewy as they bake.
|Author:||Inspired by Vegetarian Times, 1999.09|
|Yield:||6 kid-size serving|
|16- oz.||firm tofu, well drained|
|1||large egg white|
|3 tbsp.||wheat germ|
|2 tbsp.||yellow cornmeal|
|ketsjup, marinara or barbecue sauce, warmed|
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (195 °C). Lightly oil nonstick baking sheet.
- Cut tofu into 1/2"-thick slices. Blot well between kitchen towels or several layers of paper towels, then cut into 1/2" cubes.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg white with a fork. Add tofu cubes; stir gently to coat.
- In small bowl, mix together wheat germ, cornmeal and seasoned salt until well combined. Add tofu in small batches and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer tofu to prepared baking sheet, spacing well apart. Bake until golden and firm, 15 to 20 minutes, turning with spatula every 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce for dipping or topping.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.