This Moroccan-style dinner is delicious served with chopped tomatoes, drizzled with a fruity olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
|Author:||Inspired by Vegetarian Times, 2002.05|
|1 box(es)||couscous, (quick-cooking)|
|12 tsp.||olive oil|
|1 medium||onion, chopped|
|1 tsp.||curry powder|
|1/2 tsp.||ground cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp.||ground cinnamon|
|2 cloves||garlic, pressed|
|2 cans||garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 medium||zucchini, sliced in quarters|
|2 cups||tomatoes, diced|
|2 cups||frozen corn kernels, thawed|
|1/2 cups||fresh cilantro, chopped|
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, cinnamon and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn and 1 cup water, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. If mixture is too dry, add more water as needed.
- Season with salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Fluff couscous with fork, and spoon into serving dish. Top with vegetable mixture and serve hot.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 92g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.