Baked Broccoli Frittata
A light, broccoli-studded egg dish to golden perfection.
|Author:||Inspired by Sunset Light Cuisine, pg.46|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 medium||onion, finely chopped|
|1 cloves||garlic, minced or pressed|
|1/4 cups||fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 cups||frozen broccoli, thawned|
|1/2 tbsp.||herbs de Provence|
|1/2 cups||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/8 tbsp.||black pepper|
- Heat oil and butter in a wide non-stick frying pan over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, parsley, broccoli and basil.. If using frozen vegetables, thaw first in microwave. If fresh, continue cooking, stirring often until broccoli is bright green. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until well blended. Stir in broccoli mixture.
- Spray a shallow 2 qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Use something that has a wide base -- I use a large frying pan with high sides and an oven-proof handle for this.
- Pour in broccoli mixture. Bake uncovered in 350 °F (165 °C) oven until frittata is firm in center when touched. Cut in pieces and serve warm.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.