Broccoli Cheese Quiche
A nice dish for the cold winters. Combines broccoli with tomatoes and eggs
|Prep time: ||00:25|
|Cook time: ||00:30|
|1 1/2 sheets ||puff pastry|
|500 g ||broccoli florets|
|1 large ||onion|
|1/2 cups ||milk|
|125 g ||cheddar cheese|
|to taste ||salt|
|to taste ||black pepper|
|1 tsp. ||ground nutmeg|
- Pre-heat the oven at 390 °F (190 °C). Take the pastry sheets from the freeze and leave them on the counter to defrost.
- Wash the broccoli and cut the roses from the stalk. Steam the broccoli 5 minutes in 1" water with a little salt. Spin-dry the broccoli.
- Use a rolling pin to combine the pastry sheets to make one that will cover the baking pan and its sides.
- Grease a 10" baking pan. Put the dough in the baking pan, and push it firmly to the sides.
- Saute the onion, and put it at the bottom. Add the broccoli roses, and cover it with tomato slices.
- Mix the eggs, milk and graded cheese. Add in a pepper, salt and nutmeg to taste. Pour this mix over the broccoli.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes.