Pizza Dough for 12" pizza crust
Enjoy presenting a homemade pizza from your very own kitchen.
|3/4 cups ||water, lukewarm (105..115 °F). In winter add 2 tbsp|
|3/4 tsp. ||salt|
|1 tsp. ||sugar|
|3/4 tsp. ||olive oil|
|1 1/4 cups ||unbleached white flour, (200 g)|
|1/2 cups ||whole wheat flour, (78 g)|
|1/2 cups ||rolled oats, (54 g)|
|1 1/2 tsp. ||active dry baker's yeast|
- Whirl the oats in a blender or food processor until they are the consistency of coarse flour.
- Combine the water, oil, salt and sugar in the bread maker tin. Add the oats, whole wheat flour and unbleached flour. Add the yeast.
- Use a bread machine to make the dough. Remove the dough from the machine after the first rising, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (220 °C), and prepare a 12" pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Punch down the dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured work space, and knead for about 1 minute. Using your hands or a rolling pin, stretch the dough into a large circle.
- Place the dough on the pizza pan and continue stretching it until it covers the pan.
- Using your fingers, make a slightly thicker edge of crust around the perimeter of the pan.
- Very lightly spray or oil the dough and allow it to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Evenly spread the topping of your choice on the dough, top with a grated feta.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.