Zuurkool Stampot (Dutch Sauerkraut Stew)
|1/2 kg||russet potatoes|
|25 g||golden raisins|
|100 g||baked tofu|
|300 g||sauerkraut (2 cups)|
|8 oz.||pineapple chunks, drained|
|100 g||cheddar cheese, cubed (optional)|
|50 ml||milk, warm|
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F (165 °C).
- Bring 2" of water and a sniff of salt to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Add the potatoes, cover, and steam for 10 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut and raisins and steam until the potatoes are done, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the mixture. And mash in warm milk, baked tofu and bananas.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven safe dish. Cover with pineapple chunks, cheese cubes and bread crumbs. Bake for 15 minutes in a 350°F oven.