Crêpes batter #2
Batter for crêpes.
|Author:||Inspired by Sunset|
|Yield:||16 to 18 crepes|
|1 1/2 cups||milk|
|1 cups||unbleached white flour|
|1 tbsp.||salad oil|
- In a blender or food processor, whirl eggs, flour, milk and oil until smooth.
- Let batter rest at room temperature for one hour, or cover and refrigerate over night.
- Heat a 6 or 7-inch crêpe pan until a drop of water jumps and sizzles in the pan.
- Grease with about 1/4 tsp. of the butter.
- Swirl some batter in the bottom of pan to form a thin layer and pour any excess back into bowl.
- If heat is correct, crepe will set at once and form tiny bubbles. If batter makes a smooth layer, pan is too cold.
- Cook 30-40 seconds, until lightly browned and surface looks dry. Loosen edges, pick up the crêpe with your fingers and turn it over.
- Cook other side for about 20 seconds. Turn crêpe out of pan onto a plate.