|17 oz.||lady fingers (AKA Forno Bonomi Savoiardi)|
|10 oz.||Mascarpone cheese (the key ingredient)|
|6 cups||strong warm coffee (add more if necessary)|
|Dutch cacao powder|
- While gradually add in sugar, beat egg yolks until very stiff and egg yolk appear pale in color, add mascarpone cheese and fold gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a wire or electric beater until very stiff and gently fold egg whites into the Mascarpone mixture.
- Lightly soak the lady fingers with coffee and arrange lady fingers in rectangular serving dish.
- Cover lady fingers with the cream mixture.
- Use all the ingredients to obtain more layers (ladyfingers, cream, ladyfingers, cream, etc.).
- Finish with a cream layer. Sprinkle the top with bitter cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.