Leek Quiche (Dutch Preitaart)
|100 g||cheese, grated|
|1 pinches||ground nutmeg|
|300 g||puff pastry sheets|
- Preheat oven at 390 °F (190 °C).
- Clean and slice the leek and the fresh part of the leaves. Blanch the leeks for 10 minutes in boiling water with a sniff of salt. Drain the leeks and let cool down.
- Mix the cream, eggs and grated cheese and season with the nut meg.
- Mix in the leeks.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets to twice the size of the pie pan. Grease a pie pan, and cover it with half the puff pastry sheet.
- Spread the leek mix into the pie pan.
- Cover the leek mix with the remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Spread and egg white over the edges.
- Use a fork to pierce holes in the top of the pie.
- Bake for 35 minutes.