Appeltaart #1 (Dutch apple pie)
|14 tbsp.||butter, diced|
|2 cups||unbleached white flour|
|4||golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced|
|1 tbsp.||almonds, sliced|
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar with the flour. Add the butter and one egg, and mold it into a ball. Cover the dough and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F (165 °C).
- Meanwhile, mix the apple slices and raisins with the 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Grease a 10" cake tin, and spread 3/4 of the dough over the bottom and sides. Stay 1/2" from the top. Use a fork to pierce some holes in the bottom, to allow fluids from the apples to drain.
- Put the apple mixture in the pie. Cover it using strips made from the remaining dough.
- Bake it for 60 minutes.