Barley Vegetable Casserole
Original had 2 1/2 c water
|2/3 cups||barley, uncooked (4.5 oz)|
|1 cups||onions, chopped|
|1 cups||cauliflower, chopped|
|1 cups||mushrooms, chopped|
|1 cups||carrots, finely shredded|
|2 cups||vegetable broth|
|1/4 tsp.||garlic powder|
|1/8 tsp.||black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350 'F.
- Lightly oil a 1 3/4-quart casserole or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add barley and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly browned. Place in prepared casserole.
- Melt remaining margarine in skillet. Add onions and cauliflower. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrots. Cook 5 more minutes, stirring frequently. Add vegetables to casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine water, broth mix, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well and add to casserole.
- mix well, cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, until barley is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir several times while baking. Let stand 5 minutes, then mix and serve.
- In each serving: 135 calories, 4 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 21 grams carbohydrates, 268 milligrams sodium, zero cholesterol.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.