To make a larger version of this casserole, I use a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes and 8 tortillas, with slightly more vegetables. This will be enough for a 9x13" square pan.
|Prep time: ||00:30|
|Cook time: ||00:20|
|2 tbsp. ||oil|
|2 cloves ||garlic, minced|
|1/2 cups ||onions, minced|
|14 1/2 oz. ||tomatoes, diced|
|2 cups ||frozen corn kernels, thawed|
|1 lb. ||zucchini, diced|
|6 thin ||corn tortillas|
|7 oz. ||green chilies|
|1/2 cups ||roasted red peppers|
|1 cups ||milk|
|1 cups ||cheddar cheese|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the zucchini and corn and cook until well coated and tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the tortillas in 350 °F (165 °C) oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a thin layer of vegetables on the bottom of a greased 9x9" baking tin.
- Top with 3 tortillas. Add half the tomatoes, half the remaining vegetables, half the chilies, half the red peppers, half the cream and half the cheese.
- Add remaining tortillas, tomatoes, vegetables, chilies, red peppers, milk and end with a cheese layer.
- Bake in preheated 375 °F (180 °C) oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts.