Tortellini with Vegetable Confetti
|Author:||Inspired by Sunset Italian Cooking, pg. 28|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil (or butter)|
|1 medium||zucchini cut in 1/2" cubes|
|1 small||red bell pepper, seeded and diced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced or pressed|
|1 tsp.||fresh thyme leaves (or dry thyme)|
|2 tbsp.||pine nuts|
|1 pkg.||tortellini (about 9 oz)|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
- In a 3 or 4 quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, bell pepper, garlic and thyme; cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add pine nuts; continue to cook, stirring until zucchini and pine nuts begin to brown (about 4 more minutes). Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Add tortellini to boiling water and cook, uncovered until just tender to bite (about 8 minutes). Drain well, add zucchini mixture, and mix lightly; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in warm, wide, shallow bowls. Offer cheese to taste.