Blueberry Peach Cobbler
|Author:||Inspired by Moosewood Low-Fat, pg. 383|
|Yield:||6 to 8 servings|
|4 cups||peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced|
|1 tbsp.||white unbleached flour|
|1 1/2 cups||white unbleached flour|
|1 tsp.||baking powder|
|2 tbsp.||vegetable oil|
|1/4 cups||plain low-fat yoghurt|
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (165 °C).
- Prepare a glass, ceramic or stainless steel 10" round or 9" square baking dish with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Combine all the fruit filling ingredients and pour them into the baking dish.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Note: to make the dough in a food processor, pulse the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to mix. Pulse in the oil, followed by the yoghurt.
- Using floured hands and working the dough as little as possible, form into a ball. Turn the dough onto a floured surface.
- Cut the dough in half, place one half on top of the other, and press down. Repeat 3 times.
- With a rolling pin or pressure from your hands, flatten the dough into a 10" circle or 9" square to fit baking dish, and place it over the filling.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the crust is golden and a knife inserted into the topping comes out clean.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Includes Added Sugars|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrition in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.